Jus Rol Shortcrust Pastry 1.5kg (4 Pack)
By Jus Rol
- Jus-Rol’s Shortcrust Pastry Block delivers consistent results
- Great for topping, wrapping or filling with your favourite ingredients
- So simple to use, all you need to do is defrost the Shortcrust Pastry Block, roll it out and get cooking
- Delivered in printed film and packed into printed corrugated board outer cases
No other allergens
Jus-Rol’s Shortcrust Pastry Block delivers consistent results and is great for topping, wrapping or filling with your favourite ingredients.
So simple to use, all you need to do is defrost the Shortcrust Pastry Block, roll it out and get cooking.
Delivered in printed film and packed into printed corrugated board outer cases.
Directions For Use
1. Remove required amount of blocks from outer packaging and defrost at room temperature for at least 2½ hours before use. Alternatively, defrost overnight in a refrigerator and then stand at room temperature for at least 1 hour before use.
2. After defrosting the pastry should be cool and flexible.
3. Cut the block into 2 pieces. Lightly flour both the work surface and the pastry. Roll out each piece to the desired thickness (about 3 – 4mm is recommended). Allow the sheet to stand for 5 minutes to help reduce shrinkage. If the pastry is difficult to roll out it may still be too cold and must be left to defrost longer.
4. Bake in a preheated oven at 200ºC/400ºF/Gas Mark 6 or at the temperature required by your recipe.
For best results for hand rolling cut the block into 2 pieces and roll out each separately. Each half rolls to approximately 50cm x 38cm. Alternatively the whole block can be rolled down to a sheet of approximately 70cm x 50cm. If you have mechanical rolling equipment the sheet will roll down to approximately 120cm x 30cm. As a guide, depending on the size of sheet used and its final thickness, each block will yield the approximate quantities of pastry items listed below.
Dietary & Lifestyle
|Suitable for a Vegetarian Diet||Yes|
|Suitable for a Vegan Diet||Yes|
|Suitable for Lactose-Free Diet||No|
|Suitable for Coeliacs||No|
|Approved for a Halal Diet||No|
|Approved for a Kosher Diet||No|
Key: Contains May Contain
|Energy Kcal Per 100G||469 kcal|
|Energy Kj Per 100G||1955 kJ|
|Fat Per 100G||31.1 g|
|Fat of Which Saturates Per 100G||11.8 g|
|Carbohydrate Per 100G||40.1 g|
|Carbohydrate of Which Sugars Per 100G||1.8 g|
|Fibre Per 100G||1.7 g|
|Protein Per 100G||6.4 g|
|Salt Per 100G||0.58 g|
Whilst we endeavour to ensure the continued accuracy of all product, pricing and nutritional data, we do not accept liability for any inaccuracies or incorrect information contained on this site. Please visit our terms and conditions page. If there is any doubt in your mind about the accuracy of the data contained on this page, please ensure you check the product packaging before serving and contact us immediately.