Recipe: Bran & Rock Cakes
Bran & Rock Cakes
- 125g Nestle Bran Flakes, ground into a flour
- 100g Self raising flour
- 75g Caster sugar
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 125g Unsalted butter
- 150g dried fruits
- 1 Free range egg
- 1 tbsp Milk
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°c
- Grease and line baking tray with parchment paper
- Mix together the flours, sugar and baking powder into a bowl and rub in the cubed butter until it look slike breadcrumbs. Then mix in the dried fruit
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg, milk and vanilla extract.
- Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredient and stir with a spoon until the mixture combines as a thick, lumpy dough. Add a teaspoon of milk is needed to ensure it sticks together.
- Place spoons of the mixture on the baking tray, leaving a space between them as they will spread to double their size.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden. remove from the oven and allow to cool and transfer to a cooling rack.