Are you ready to hit the Sugar Reduction and Calorie Reduction Targets?
Whilst the initiative is aimed at reducing childhood obesity, PHE recognised that families eat the same foods and so they categorised food into nine key focus areas. The food areas which PHE believes contribute the most to childhood obesity are:
- Breakfast cereals
- Cakes and morning goods
- Chocolate confectionery
- Ice cream
- Puddings including pies and tarts
- Sweet confectionery
- Sweet spreads and sauces
- Yogurt and fromage frais
Premier Foods has been doing lots of work to provide information to schools on its cake and pudding products. The good news for schools is that most of the products which Premier Foods offer already met the final targets, providing the products are prepared and served using the package instructions.
So which Premier Foods puddings are already compliant?
The following products meet both the PHE sugar reduction and calorie reduction targets (based on the values declared in the Public Health England sugar reduction report) with sugar <=15.1g sugar /100g and energy <=220kcal per serving.
- McDougalls Chocolate Sponge Mix
- McDougalls Plain Sponge Mix
- McDougalls Chocolate Muffin Mix
- McDougalls Plain Muffin Mix
- McDougalls Scone Mix
- McDougalls Flapjack Mix
The following cake products are compliant with the PHE sugar reduction targets with sugar <=27.9g per 100g.
- Angel Delight Butterscotch
- Angel Delight Chocolate
- Bird’s Custard Mix
- Bird’s Instant Custard Mix
- Bird’s Reduced Sugar Custard Mix
- Ambrosia RTU Custard
- Ambrosia Custard Mini Pots
- Bird’s Cheesecake Add Water
- Bird’s Cheesecake Base
- Bird’s Crème Caramel
- McDougalls Orange Vegetarian Jelly
- McDougalls Raspberry Vegetarian Jelly
- McDougalls Strawberry Vegetarian Jelly
If you would like more information about any of these products, please get in touch with Premier Foods via Twitter or Instagram using @PremierFoods_FS or via Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/PremierFoodsFoodservice.